Prep: 10 minutes | Preheat: Approx. 8 minutes | Cook: 12 minutes | Serves: 2–4 | Program: Grill
- 2 uncooked Sirloin steaks (400-450g each)
- Ground black pepper, as desired
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Divided Salt as desired
- Rub each steak on all sides with 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, then season with salt and pepper, as desired. Toss asparagus with remaining vegetable oil, then season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Insert grill plate in unit and close lid. Select GRILL, set temperature to HIGH and set time to 12 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin preheating.
- When the unit beeps to signify it has preheated, place steaks on grill plate, gently pressing them down to maximize grill marks. Close lid and cook for 4 minutes.
- After 4 minutes, flip steaks. Close lid and continue cooking for 4 more minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 50°C
- Remove steaks from grill and leave to rest for 10 minutes; they will continue to cook to a food-safe temperature while resting. Use a cooking thermometer to ensure a food-safe temperature has been achieved.
- Meanwhile, place asparagus on grill plate. Close lid and cook for 4 minutes.
- When cooking and resting are complete, slice steak and serve with asparagus.